My Work Experience Day by Emma Whittle
My name is Emma Whittle. I sit my A Level examinations at the end of this year. I want to leave school after my exams and help the environment. I am taking examinations in Human Biology, Environmental Studies History and Advanced Computer Studies. This is my assignment an account of my work experience day.
We were given a list of people to choose a person to shadow for the day. We had to contact them and explain why we were interested in their job. I chose Mrs Mary Simpson who works as a medical receptionist because I like working with people. I explained this to Mrs Simpson and she chose me to be her shadow. I was told to meet her at The Clinic at 8.30 on Monday.
I dressed very carefully because this is a very responsible position and I did not want to look like a schoolgirl. I wore my black skirt and white blouse, and a wore a little discreet makeup so as to look older and more professional.
When I arrived at the clinic I was told that Mrs Simpson had not arrived. I spoke to Dr Makepeace who was very serious but looked very harassed. She said that the nurse had not turned up either and she did not know how she was going cope.
She said, ‘You’ll just have to help me.’
I said, ‘I have been told to do whatever you ask.’
She said ‘Good. Patients will be coming in for routine medical screening. Give them one of these forms to complete, you may need to help them if they find the questions difficult. Then show them to the changing room and tell them to get undressed and put on the gown they will find in there. Is that clear?’
I said, ‘Yes. I can do that.’
She said I would have to dress appropriately for my role and told me to change into the nurse’s uniform.
The instructions did not seem difficult. The first patient arrived at nine o’clock. Unfortunately I was still changing into my uniform and I’d left the door open, but I don’t think he noticed.
I will not name him because medical confidentiality is important. He was a pleasant young man, but seemed rather nervous. I would have to put him at his ease. I am good with people that way. I gave him the form.
It was a long form with a lot of medical questions. I had read it thoroughly so that I could help a the doctor as instructed. He looked puzzled over one question. I asked if I could help. He went red and said no. But he was obviously confused about something so I asked him again.
He said rather nervously, ‘It is this question.’
I red the question. It was:
Q23. With how many partners of the opposite sex have you had sexual relations?
He said, ‘What does it mean by sexual relations nurse?’
As I was wearing the nurse’s uniform this was a natural mistake, but I felt my answer would carry more weight if I did not say anything about this and it was important that he had confidence in my answer.
It was strange that he did not know the meaning of sexual relations. I knew the answer because our teacher Miss Robson covered this in Human Biology.
I said, ‘Sexual relations occur when a man inserts his erect penis into a woman and ejaculates.’ This was made clear to us in Human Biology by our teacher Miss Robson. We had asked her if insertion of the penis was necessary and she had said yes.
He still looked confused so I thought I should make it clear.
I said, ‘For the purposes of the form you must only include occasions where you have inserted your penis into the vagina, anus or mouth of a woman and ejaculated.’ It was important for the form to have accuracy and this was the exact definition given to us by Miss Robson.
He went very red. Men are sometimes very embarrassed about talking about such things so I felt it necessary to be professional
I said, ‘There is no need to be embarrassed. This is important medical information. Just complete the form accurately.’
He said, ‘Thank you Miss.’
I said, ‘I am happy to help. When you have completed the form, go to changing room one, remove your clothes and put on the gown you will find there.
He said, ‘Yes Miss, Thank you Miss.’
I explained to him that he would need to undress for the examination which included intimate investigations.
He said, ‘What is intimate Miss?’
I knew the answer to this from out Human Biology lessons.
I said, ‘Intimate encompasses the genitalia, anus and other intimate parts of the anatomy.’
He said, ‘Thank you Miss.’
I said, ‘By signing the form you consent explicitly to this.’
He looked confused.
He said, ‘Lady doctors make me nervous Miss.’
I said, ‘Do I make you nervous?’
He said, ‘No Miss.’
I said, ‘In that case if you require my assistance with anything do not hesitate to ask for me.’
He said, ‘Thank you Miss.’
He went to the changing room and I read through his form. He had answered zero to the question on sexual relations. He had answered ‘More than 10 times a week’ to the question on masturbation. He had not asked me questions about that although I could have explained as Miss Robson has explained male masturbation techniques to us in Human Biology.
After five minutes Dr Makepeace rang me from her surgery to ask where the patient was. I explained that he was getting changed. She instructed me to tell him to hurry up as she hadn’t got all day.
I went straight to changing room one. In order to be professional I knocked and looked in. He was standing with no clothes on looking at the gown. Miss Robson has explained male anatomy to us and shown us pictures of men with no clothes on and I was interested to see the male anatomy in real life.
I said, ‘Dr Makepeace is waiting, can I be of assistance?’ He was looking embarrassed so I thought this was very professional.
I said, ‘Do not be embarrassed. I have seen male anatomy before,’ this was true, although only in pictures
He said, ‘Sorry Miss. I can’t work out how to put this on Miss.’
I said, ‘Do not worry I will assist you,’ and I helped him put it on. Dr Makepeace told me later that it should tie at the back, not the front so that the male anatomy is not exposed, but I did not know this.
I took him through to Dr Makepeace and she explained that he needed his height and weight checking. She showed me through to the room and asked me if I could do it for her as she had paperwork to complete. I am very accurate in my science lessons so I said it would be no problem.
She brought the patient through and left.
He said, ‘Do I step on the scales here Miss?’
I thought about this Miss Robson says that accuracy is important in scientific measurement and I needed to be professional.
I said, ‘You will need to remove the gown for accuracy. You need not be embarrassed I have seen male anatomy before,’ this was true although only pictures. I must admit that my decision may have been influenced by my interest in a further inspection of male anatomy. This was an important opportunity as Miss Robson had not been able to obtain a live male subject for examination in Human Biology. Although of course the class had seen a live female subject.
He said ‘Yes Miss,’ and removed the gown and stood on the scales with no clothes on.
I had the opportunity to closely inspect his male anatomy and will be able to describe it in our next Human Biology lesson. Dr Makepeace came in and said I needed to take ‘photographs of record’ for the files. She showed me how to use the camera. I took full frontal, full rear, side on with the patient standing legs slightly apart and arms out to the sides and close up of male anatomy. These are so that changes over the years can be observed.
Dr Makepeace then took the patient through for examination and I returned to the reception desk to maintain photographs for use in Human Biology. I would have to obtain the patient’s permission for this.
Dr Makepeace rang and said she required a chaperone. I asked where I could find one but she explained that she needed someone to observe the intimate examinations. I asked what was meant by intimate examinations and she explained.
I said, ‘Where do I find someone to do that?’
She said, ‘You will have to do it.’
I said, ‘Does the patient not object to me watching?’
She said, ‘The patient has asked for you to do it.’
I had to think about this. It had been very interesting and informative for my Human Biology Lessons for me to inspect the male anatomy, but I was not sure that it was appropriate for me to observe these.
Dr Makepeace said, ‘It’s a direct patient request. Just get on with it.’ Dr Makepeace is easily harassed.
So I went to observe, and I’m glad I did because it was most instructive. However I feel I was able to act professionally and not show too much interest in the male anatomy.
The patient was standing completely naked in the middle of the room. His penis was erect. Miss Robson has explained to us in Human Biology that the penis will go erect during sexual arousal to facilitate entry into the vagina. However she had not been permitted to show us pictures. So it was most instructive to see this for myself.
The patient apologised for this reaction.
He looked and me and said, ‘I’m sorry Miss. I can’t help it.’
His face went red and I found this very interesting, but I think I hid the fact so as not to embarrass him further.
Dr Makepeace explained that sexual arousal often occurs when a man stands naked in front of two ladies. I had not known that.
Dr Makepeace explained to the patient that she had to examine his testicles for lumps and she took hold of each in turn and squeezed it. The then demonstrated to the patient how to examine himself. He was very embarrassed by this but it was very important for him to learn said Dr Makepeace. It occurred to me tht it would be very valuable for my Human Biology exam if I learned the technique so I asked Dr Makepeace if she would teach me.
Dr Makepeace said the patient would not like that, but he said he would be happy for me to examine him.
The work experience course was proving very valuable for my education. I squeezed each testicle in turn. They felt very soft and sort of wobbly. I had not expected that. Although I squeezed hard I could not feel any lumps. Dr Makepeace said not to squeeze too hard because testicles are very sensitive. I looked at the patient’s face and he seemed to be trying hard to stop something happening, so perhaps I was squeezing too hard. I apologised.
He said, ‘Sorry Miss. That’s all right Miss.’
I continued examining carefully but Dr Makepeace said I had had enough practice.
Dr Makepeace said to the patient, ‘Hands and knees please. I need to examine your prostate.’
Miss Robson has taught us about the prostate gland (not prostrate like some ignorant people say). She says it is situated in front of the rectum (we are taught all the proper words) and provides the fluid for ejaculation.
Dr Makepeace explained to the patient that in order to examine his prostate she would need to insert her finger into his anal sphincter. For this reason he had to adopt a hands and knees position to expose his anal sphincter. Miss Robson has taught us about the anal sphincter as it is an important structure in Human Biology, but she was not permitted to show us pictures. She had not been happy when I had used a picture of an anal sphincter in my Human Biology assignment, especially when I explained the source if the picture.
So it was very instructive for me to be able to examine the anal sphincter of the patient closely. I found this very interesting. Dr Makepeace put on a glove and inserted her finger into the anal sphincter of the patient, rotating it in order to feel the prostate. This was very interesting, I had not known that doctors could feel the prostate by pushing their finger up the patient’s bottom. I apologise for using the word ‘bottom’ but I could not think of a more medical way to say this. I felt it would be very beneficial for my understanding of the prostate and its function to feel it myself and asked Dr Makepeace if this was possible.
She said she could only permit this if the patient agreed. The patient did agree. She explained to me how to insert my finger. It was very interesting as I could feel the anal sphincter contract as my finger entered. I felt the prostate easily and could massage it easily.
Then a strange thing happened. The patient seemed to convulse a little and a lot of fluid suddenly squirted out of his penis. I thought I must have done something dreadful, but Dr Makepeace assured me that ejaculation was an occasional result of prostate massage. This was very informative for me, because although Miss Robson had taught us about ejaculation from the penis I had not understood what this meant. Now that I had seen it I had a much better understanding.
The patient said, ‘I’m sorry Miss. So sorry.’
I told him that he was not to worry and I had been very interested to observe the phenomenon.
Unfortunately his penis had become coated in a sticky fluid so Dr Makepeace instructed me to clean it using alcohol spray. I washed and cleaned his penis and testicles thoroughly as instructed then returned to my receptionist duties.
The patient was very nervous about having his blood test done, and he asked me to hold his hand while the blood was being taken. Dr Makepeace said this helped.
Mrs Simpson and the nurse arrived at 10.00am. They had apparently been erroneously sent a message to arrive at that time.
I found the day’s work experience very interesting and feel that I learned a lot that would be of value in my Human Biology examination.
*******************
Patient Feedback Form - Nurse Emma Whittle. Thomas Longbottom
I feel anxious about my health and have a regular check up so I arranged a screening examination at The Clinic. I am however very nervous of doctors, especially lady doctors as I find them very intimidating. I was very pleased therefore to have the support of Nurse Emma.
Nurse Emma is a very self-assured young lady with an air of authority. I was very nervous about asking a question about the questionnaire which was of a very personal natured and she answered with a degree of professionalism which was extremely reassuring.
Nurse Emma explained to me that the doctor insisted I would need to be completely naked for the examination and that the doctor would carry out an examination of my private parts.
Nurse Emma warned me that the doctor was very rough with the examination of delicate parts and that I should insist on her presence to observe to ensure they were carried out properly. I was very grateful for this advice. The doctor initially objected to this but fortunately I was able to insist. Seeing that the doctor had carried out the examinations in a hurried fashion, Nurse Emma asked to do them herself. Again I had to persuade the doctor to allow her to perform them. Nurse Emma was much more thorough taking a long time over both examinations and performing them firmly and with purpose. I must apologise to Nurse Emma for the unfortunate loss of control I experienced during this examination which Nurse Emma assured me was quite natural. She was most solicitous in cleaning up the unfortunate result.
When carrying out initial height, weight and photographs of record she was extremely thorough and accurate, much more so than the doctor who seemed to want to rush things in a slapdash manner.
I have no hesitation in recommending Nurse Emma for permanent employment.
PS Perhaps someone can mention to nurse Emma that she should be careful to close the door when getting changed.
Level of satisfaction provided by Nurse Emma 10/10
Suggested alternative careers: Supplier of paid sexual services, artistic model.
***************
Work Experience Report - Emma Whittle. Employer representative Dr K Makepeace.
As both receptionist and nurse had failed to turn up for the clinic and I was under great pressure to maintain performance records I felt it was reasonable to ask this young lady to assist in the clinic. The result was not quite what I expected. She had turned up in most unsuitable attire wearing a very short tight skirt and a white almost see through blouse. I was therefore constrained to require her to change into the spare nurse uniform.
She turned out to be a very assertive girl with a rather bossy personality. The first client was Mr Tom Longbottom a very nervous subject who regularly turns up for assessment and is very difficult to deal with. However she had him completely under her thrall almost from the beginning, getting into the changing room while he was undressed and persuading him to put the gown on back to front. She then persuaded him to remove the gown completely for the measurement of height and weight which is entirely unnecessary and then insisting on taking the photographs of record which as you may know requires the subject to be unclothed.
When it came to the intimate examinations, a part of the examination which Mr Longbottom insists on but is very nervous about undergoing, he absolutely insisted on her presence. I was reluctant to agree to this but Mr Longbottom pointed out that he had a right to a chaperone of his choice and he had chosen Emma. I felt that I had no option but to agree. After I had performed the testicular examination Emma requested to be taught this. I responded that this would require the express permission of the patient not thinking for one moment tht he would consent. However not only did he consent, but he insisted. It appeared to me that Emma had somehow persuaded him that this would be to his benefit. This being the case I demonstrated to Emma how to perform the examination. This she accomplished with a high degree of vigour and a firm enough grip to appear to cause Mr Longbottom some discomfort. I had to stop her after five minutes in order to proceed to the next examination of the prostate. Again it appeared that Emma had persuaded Mr Longbottom that she should learn the technique. Again after inserting her finger she carried out the examination with such enthusiastic rhythmic thrusts that Mr Longbottom had an involuntary ejaculation. He apologised profusely for this and Emma volunteered to clean his male appendage. After this she was of great help with the blood test holding his hand throughout.
Assessment: A*
Suggested career opportunities: Dominatrix, sex therapist.
*******
Work Experience report - Emma Whittle. By Mary Simpson Mentor
I was very pleased to select this charming young lady to be my shadow at the clinic. Unfortunately both the nurse and myself received an erroneous message from a Thelma M Wite, administrative assistant at the clinic, that the first patient had cancelled and we were not to arrive until ten o’clock.
Emma had had to cope on her own with the first patient. She must have coped very well as the patient thanked her profusely as he left.
Emma proved very helpful in teaching me about the computer. Once I had given her my password she showed me how to access all the patient information. I had never been able to do that before. She even accessed the ‘photographs of record’ which is normally accessible only to restricted medical staff. These photographs were not perhaps suitable for a young lady but she assured me that it was valuable for her Human Biology assignment.
Altogether a very competent young lady.
Assessment A*
Suggested career opportunities: Computer hacker, politician .
*********
Work Experience Report - Mrs M Robson (teacher)
Emma is a very forward and bossy young lady so I was not surprised at her work experience choice. However acting as a receptionist would be good experience for her. I have experience of the clinic myself and they are very professional and thorough. I trust she has forgotten the unfortunate incident in class. I had not realised the source of the inappropriate picture she used.
Assessment - A
Suggested Career Opportunities - pornographer
***********
From: Emma W [thelma.m.wite@outlook.com]
To: Dark Web Group
Success. Accessed all medical files (had fun doing it!!!). Downloaded all images with personal details (nudes, nudes, nudes!!!).
Auction begins tomorrow.
E
***********
From: Emma Whittle [emma.whittle@outlook.com]
To: Tracey
You know how that bitch Robson. The one that called me out in front of the whole class just because I put a picture of a bum hole in my essay.
‘You can’t put a picture of an anus in an essay,’ she said. It’s supposed to be Human Biology for goodness sake. Are we supposed to pretend we haven’t got one!
‘Unless it’s your own’. And then she put it up on the screen. Showed the whole class my bum hole
Well, I got picture of her. And it’s going on her FB page tonight, so make sure everyone knows to look out for it. I doubt it will be there long.
No comments:
Post a Comment